Last Updated and Effective as of: August 20, 2020
• We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) from users of our Service when it is voluntarily provided to us and use it for the purposes for which it was provided (see “Information We Collect Directly From You”).
• We automatically collect information from users of our Service for analytical and advertising purposes and to enhance our Service (see “Information We Collect From You Automatically”).
Information We Collect Directly From You:
We may collect information, including Personally Identifiable Information, when you provide such information to us directly, such as when you register on the Service, vote on content or otherwise interact with us on the Service. Your provision of your Personally Identifiable Information to us is completely voluntary. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that specifically identifies you. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information unless you submit that information to us.
Categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect directly from you include contact information including your full name and email, and optionally your postal mailing address.
Information We Collect Automatically:
Giving Forward, our service providers or our third party partners may also automatically collect information from you when you interact with our Service through cookies and other tracking technologies. Such information does not directly identify you as an individual and may include:
• Cookies and Similar Technology
• Site Analytics
We may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Service.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information and other information as described herein including for the following purposes:
• to contact you about and provide you with our Service,
• to personalize your experience with us including by storing your account information and user preferences,
• to respond to your direct inquiries,
• to add you to our mailing lists and send you emails from time to time,
• to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Service, services, databases and other technology assets and business,
• for internal research for technological development and demonstration and to improve, upgrade or enhance our Service,
• for detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity,
• to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations,
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
• as described to you when collecting your information,
• for any additional purposes that you specifically consent to, and
• to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
As noted above, we may collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). We may aggregate or de-identify Personally Identifiable Information so that the information does not personally identify you or anyone else directly. Because Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate or de-identified information, does not personally identify you directly, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose permitted by law and subject to the section titled “California Consumer Notice”. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information. If we combine any Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personally Identifiable Information.
We collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Services, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Services on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use our Services on another device, such as your connected TV, laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
• Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
• Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
• Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use.
• Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
• Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
• Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
How We Share Your Information
Besides using your Personally Identifiable Information ourselves, we may send your Personally Identifiable Information and other information to other companies, affiliates and third parties in the following instances:
• Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, Event production, auditing, and anti-fraud monitoring. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information that is necessary to perform their functions.
• Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Business Transfers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information and other information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition or divestiture.
• Aggregated or Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share aggregated information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information with unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners, and marketing partners, in a form in which means the shared information will not contain nor be linked to any Personally Identifiable Information, to improve and enhance your experience using the Service and for our market research activities.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
You do have the ability to control certain advertising practices. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can learn more about interest-based advertising and opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers with whom we work by visiting the DAA’s consumer choice page. The opt-out process through the DAA relies upon the placement of an opt-out cookie on your device. We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms automatically transmitted by web browsers for which we are cannot evaluate your choice.
For targeted advertisements delivered through mobile Apps, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app on your device to opt-out of targeted advertising by certain providers and can also select a system level advertising preference feature on your device (such as “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple devices or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices).
Interactive Tools on our Service
Certain features on our Service may give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include review boards, blogs, message boards, messaging functionality, chat functionality, and creating community profiles. When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive personal information (such as health or financial information) through these features. If you use these features, your personal information may remain on the Service even after you cease use of the Service.
The security of your information is very important to us. We attempt to provide for the secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers by utilizing encryption software. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Giving Forward, or information stored on the Service, or our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of the Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your Personally Identifiable Information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Contact section below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
To request deletion of your Giving Forward account please email: email@example.com
Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Protection for Children
Our Service is intended for ages 13 and over. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from minors. When we become aware that Personally Identifiable Information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law) has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you believe we might have any Personally Identifiable Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Services and Social Networking Services
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you navigate away from our Service, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
The Service may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Service, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that Personally Identifiable Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at [email@example.com ]. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Service may no longer be available to you.
Changes to policy:
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time, provided that any such modifications will only be applied prospectively. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Service is maintained in the United States of America. If you are located outside the U.S., by using the Service, you authorize the export of your information to the U.S. and its storage and use as specified in this policy.